Selenium has been found to be rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, all of which can help protect against chronic diseases like cancer and diabetes .
It is an essential part of various cellular processes, and this includes the body’s response to cancer activity. A study published in Biology and Human Health has shown that normal intake of this mineral could lead to decreased cancer cell formation, especially for prostate, colorectal, and lung cancers.
A 2013 review study in the journal Nutrients showed that, in addition to its potential as a cancer-preventing agent, selenium may also be an antimetastatic element, aiding in later stages of cancer progression.
- Selenium is a powerful antioxidant that fights oxidative stress and can help defend the body from chronic diseases like heart disease and cancer.
- Higher levels of selenium in the blood can protect against certain cancers, while supplementation with selenium can help improve the quality of life for people receiving radiation therapy.
- Selenium can help keep your heart healthy by controlling oxidative stress and reducing the risk of coronary heart disease.
- A selenium-rich diet can help prevent mental decline and improve memory loss in people with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Selenium protects the thyroid gland from oxidative stress and is necessary for the production of thyroid hormone. Selenium may be helpful for people with Hashimoto’s disease and other types of thyroid disease, but more research is needed.
- Selenium is crucial for the health and proper functioning of the immune system. Higher selenium levels may be beneficial in stimulating the immune system in patients with HIV, influenza, tuberculosis, and hepatitis C.
- Selenium can be beneficial for people with asthma due to its ability to reduce inflammation in the body. However, more research is needed.
- Foods rich in selenium include shellfish, nuts, and mushrooms. It is important to consume a variety of foods that contain this mineral since the selenium content can vary according to the growing conditions.
3 reviews for Nano-Liposomal Selenium Fortified with Magnesium 650mL (21.97 oz).
There are no reviews yet.